Saturday, October 04, 2008

It's Good to be Missed.

I'm still alive and all is status quo.
I don't have any excuse, other than maybe being lazy or disinterested in the things that I enjoy.
Or, not having anything good to say.
I certainly don't want to turn this into a whine blog.
The creative juices haven't been flowing.
I feel like I've been a robot going through daily life.
I get up, work, cook, clean, sleep and do it all over again.
Pretty boring shit.
I think I'm finally starting to take an interest in my life again.
You're gentle proddings have helped.
I owe Stu a meme.
I'm on Suldog's shit list. (Does reading regularly your blog count for anything?)
K's been a concerned dear friend and I haven't forgotten that I owe her a music DVD either.
It was wonderful to hear from cicibug again! (Would luv it even more if she BLOGGED!)

Thank you my friends.
Next's OK to hit me over the head with a 2X4.
Sometimes I need that.

Son went back to his old job August 18th.
He's doing great at his job.
Of course, having Mom drive him every day doesn't give him room to screw up.
He still has his moments at home when I want to rearrange his face.
Gawd, does he push the limits of reason and sanity.

We went to court yesterday for his B&E.
He was not arrested when this happened.
According to the summons it was a misdemeanor charge for trespassing in an abandoned trailer and under $250 damage to the 'victim'.
There were no charges for contributing to the delinquency of minors.
Son was the only one that was 18, the others were 15 & 16 years old.
We waited around for 3 hours before being called in.
The clerk was the fastest talking woman I have ever heard.
I was allowed to stay in the room at son's permission for support.
I was not allowed to speak.
Which was fine with me.
He's supposedly an adult now and needs to deal with the consequences of his actions on his own....kind of.
The prosecutor was the same police officer at the hearing for the 3 minors involved.
They went to court in July.
The neighbor, Kirk, has been in trouble before and has quite a record. The prosecutor in his case told him he wanted to send him to juvie. Instead, he got 6 months probation. They all got community service.
I was very worried when we never got anything from the court regarding son.
We finally got a summons in the mail in September.
The officer read through the incident report and agreed to give a similar sentence that the minors received, a six month continuance.
That means: If son stays out of trouble for the next six months, the charge is removed from his record as if it never happened.
After that was agreed to by the court and prosecutor, the officer spoke directly to my son regarding hanging around with minors and that it's inappropriate and can get him in to trouble.
The officer made eye contact with me while he was saying this, I just kept nodding and smiling in agreement.
I had son get a letter from his employer prior to the hearing, we didn't need it.
We were in there less than 10 minutes.
Son did a good job answering 'yes, sir' and 'no, sir' when queried by the prosecutor. (I had given him some advice on how to behave. I only wish he'd be that way with me!)
Luckily, son had not been in any legal trouble prior to this incident, or since.
He got off easy.

Now that this has been resolved, son had better tow the line at home.
He's been warned.
Failure to show respect or screwing up at home will lead to a choice: Eviction or Enlistment.
It hasn't been perfect.
It's better than it was.
In my heart, I still believe he needs to go in to some form of the service.
He has no dreams or goals, at least none that he's expressed to me.
His biggest goal at the moment is to get another car.
He knows he's on his own with this one.
We all know how it turned out last time.

I've moved to a new office at work.
1/3 the size of my previous office.
I'm not happy with the move, and I never got satisfactory justification for it.
I'm making the best of it though.
I've been uber busy at work and have no time to post or even surf while at work.
I read blogs during my lunch break.
That's prolly a good thing though, I'm more productive and don't have time to screw off.
I've also got a great view of the Pru out my window.

Mom is doing better.
Her grief therapist told her she should get a dog, on a Tuesday.
That Thursday I took her to the Lowell Humane Society.
Saturday we picked up Keegan.
He's a cockapoo.
He is a loving puddle of fur.
The first night he spent whining and uncomfortable in his crate.
The second night he was in the 'big bed' with Mom, and has been there since.
He's just over a year old now.
He was living with an elderly gentleman that went in to the hospital and couldn't care for him anymore.

At the pound he was reserved & quiet, almost as if he was depressed.
There were 3 women in the room when we met and he went immediately to my Mom, jumped up on his hind legs and proceeded to hump her.
Love at first sight.
Of course, he has been neutered since, so no more humping.
No one will ever be able to sneak into my Mom's house again.
He barks like crazy when he hears someone come in.

Since there is no such thing as coincidence, I believe this was meant to happen.
My Dad would have loved Keegan, and vice versa.
Point of fact: Keegan lays on the couch in the exact spot my Dad used to sit.
Keegan would also lay on the back of the couch in my Dads den, a room my Mom never goes in to.
He also sleeps on my Dad's side of the bed, when he isn't snuggled up to Mom.
Not to mention, my Dad was part Scottish.
Keegan is a Gaelic name meaning little fierce one, and ohhh, does he think he's so tough!
Two lives were saved with his adoption.
It was meant to be and I believe my Dad had something to do with it.

Although Tabitha will still hiss and growl when Dusty is being a terrorist, there have been a few times lately when Tabitha is doing the chasing. The two of them sound like horses running up and down the hall. It's a hoot to see the lil shit jump right over her when Tabitha pounces. Ahhh, the quick reaction time of youth. I believe I was officially forgiven when Tabitha started coming in to bed with me again. It only took a year. That puss can hold a grudge.

I do have some interesting updates on the Neighbors from Hell, but, I think I'll save that for my next post.

Till then...Luv you all, and I've missed you!


Kevin and Beth said...

Thanks for the update, so happy for your mom and her doggy. Have been wondering how you were.

Ericka said...

yay - you're back!

glad son seems to be improving, and that your mom found keegan - post pictures!

i'm glad too that you seem to be coping better. i know it still hurts, but i guess time does help.

missed you!

Roxrocks said...

Oh my god.

It's you! BACK in Blogaritaville! ((((HUGS!!))))

Awesome news about the pooch!
Awesome news about the boy!
Awesome news that your kitty has forgiven you!
Awesome news that you blogged!

Do it again!

Suldog said...

Hello! Yay! You're back!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have had a lot happen since I first blogged. I just don't have the heart for it I guess. I started a new blog foremmyloudoodlebug here at blogspot but haven't posted there either. Ever want to email me dont4getit1960@yahoo, I'd love to talk.
from cicibug

Stu said...

Totally, totally missed you. I wanted to email you so many times to make sure you were ok, but what you were going through seemed too deep, I couldn't get up the courage to interrupt. Super glad things are on a good path. :-)

Sharfa said...

How lucky am I to have blogfriends like you?
Pretty darn.

Thank you everyone.

KFarmer said...

Hey my dove~ it was so GREAT to pop over and see whats up. I've missed you terribly :) XXXX's & OOOO's!

Melissa said...

Oh what a treat to hear from you again. I am so glad that you are ok, and that life is at least traveling along for you. I think of you often and, like Stu, should have emailed you.