Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1460 days

4 years. It's been 4 years since my Daddy died. That day is scorched into my memory like it was yesterday. Still so many things in limbo and undone. Every day seems so much.... "less" without him. I miss his phone calls every morning to check in. So much has happened that he didn't get to see. So many things I wish I could talk to him about.
I'm trying. Most days I fall on my ass.
I'm trying to live my life like he lived.
He tried to get the most out of every single day.
It's just so damn hard without him.

I miss you Daddy. Please send me a penny today.

4 comments:

rox said...

I had to shift my thinking when it comes to missing my loved ones. Instead of marking the day they passed, I try to celebrate the days they were born instead.

You can always talk to your dad. Anytime, anywhere. You just have to remember him to remember what he'd say back to you and get comfort that way. Peace to you!

Sharfa said...

I celebrate those days Rox, and I know he's been watching over us and that his spirit is still with us. I do talk to him all the time.

I just want him back. I want to hear his voice and smell him when he hugs me. It just.......sux.

Sharfa said...

I forgot to add - Thank you.

KFarmer said...

March 18th my dad had passed one year... I can't remember my anniversary, birthdays (mine included most of the time), appointments.. but I can't forget that date.I feel you.

Life has changed so much in that one itty bitty year~ but on the bright side it has brought our family closer.

I know you still miss your daddy and probably always will~ I wish I had the words to comfort you. To make that ache go away. If and when I figure it out, I'll tell you. As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.