Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dawn is breaking over Marblehead

What does a mother say when her 20 year old son finally has the self awareness to say;
"having a son like me makes you age faster so technically your prob like 80
goodnight mummy i love you", and he informs you that he is re-enlisting for 3 more years of active duty and requesting to go to Germany because "I haven't done what I came in here to do yet. I'm still not financially responsible enough to afford my own place and I'm still not mature enough. I still have to get my life right."?

?????

What do you say to that?


After I wipe away the tears and can manage to speak without sobbing I tell him:
"I'm so proud of you."

His response?
"Blah. Blah. Blah."

That's my boy.

4 comments:

rox said...

He might think he's not growing up yet but this proves that he is. Enjoy! And be proud. And stop worrying and go out and enjoy YOUR life, you know, before you really ARE 80! LOL

Sharfa said...

Thanks Rox and you're right. I've been sitting around waiting...and waiting...for what? Besides this, I don't know what I'm waiting for.

KFarmer said...

Wonderful : )

izchan said...

*hugs*
...
..
.
*hugs*