Thursday, January 14, 2010

Galileo

My sassy little girl has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. The poor little thing has been so neglected since "The Terrorist" (aka Dusty the cat) moved in. She didn't get to come out of her cage very much and didn't get the attention she deserved.

I feel quite guilty as I'm not exactly sure when it happened. I changed her water and fed her as usual Tuesday night. Later that evening there was a commotion in her cage - she was flapping her wings and squawking (not an uncommon occurrence). Last night I was laying on the couch about 8:30 when I realized I hadn't heard her since I'd gotten home at 5:30.

She was at the bottom of her cage - lifeless.

She could have passed sometime Tuesday night for all I know. I leave when it's still dark out in the morning and I didn't look in her cage.

Her chirps and squawks during the day had become background noise that I didn't even notice.

She had several lipomas growing on her for a few years now, but she never acted ill, she was always fresh and sassy.

I think this guilt is going to last for a while.

Good-bye my precious sassy brat. I hope you are soaring the sky's without a cat in sight. I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5 comments:

Suldog said...

Ah, not much I can say, is there? One of the most horrible feelings in the world when you discover your friend is no longer with you. God bless, Sharfa. As you know, they all go to Heaven. Up to us to live well enough to follow them...

Ericka said...

ah geez, i'm sorry. unless you've had a bird, it's hard to realize how attached you get to them and what amazing personalities are stuffed into those tiny bodies. my thoughts are with you. :-/

Rox said...

My irrational fear of birds aside, I'm sorry for your loss, hon!

We give our hearts to these little creatures. I hope it's comforting for you to be able to remember all the joy she brought you. Keep that in your heart.

Sharfa said...

Thanks peeps. The house is sooooo quiet without her. Christopher took it much better than I thought he would too.

Anonymous said...

Would you please vote for my photo!! Thanks!! http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/PhotosAlbums/PhotoView.aspx?picid=1087129_12133675&pid=3094832&scid=516