Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Proud of My Soldier!





--
Sent from my Virgin Mobile


Christopher informed me last night that he has been promoted to Private First Class!
His Sargent asked him: "How have you managed to do in 10 months what takes most 18?"
He must be doing something right. At this rate, he will make Sargent by the time he returns from deployment approximately April 2011.

Yes, he will be deployed sometime in the spring for a year and possibly up to 18 months. (Even though the Army just changed deployment length from 18 to 12 months.
He will be going to Afghanistan. I try not to think about it. My head will explode if I do.

For this moment, I'm so proud of him. He was so happy. I have to say, I haven't heard him say he hates the Army and can't wait to get out lately. He seems to be settled in to Army life now.

I've been able to chat with him on AIM recently - he got a laptop with a webcam. It's been wonderful to be able to see him & talk to him.

Keep it up Christopher!

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Way cool! Congrats to the new PFC!

Melissa said...

Congrats to you and to your new PFC. He looks sharp in the uniform. :)

You are in my thoughts. I will try not to think about Afghanistan too. Goddess watch over him.