Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Easy Pork

I have a very easy, inexpensive, yet delish recipe that would be great for gatherings.
It takes about 5 minutes to prep and then you leave it to cook.

You can use a pork butt roast (that's the cheapest cut) or country style boneless ribs or even a center loin roast. Whatever floats your boat. Ribs even.

Cut the pork into large chunks (1x2 or thereabouts).

Throw it into a slow cooker.

If you like Chinese style, throw in one or two jars of Ah-So sauce and stir to coat.

You can use teriyaki, or BBQ sauce too.

Cover and cook on low for 5 or 6 hours.

I like to serve over a bed of rice with corn-on-the-cob.

If you like your pork a bit sticky, you can transfer from the slow cooker to a cookie sheet or roasting pan (or even a foil lined grill) and bake for about 20 minutes @ 350 degrees.

The delish taste will have people convinced you spent hours basting.

Enjoy!

Now, be honest. You thought I was going to post about something else when you read the title, didn't you?

2 comments:

Suldog said...

I am a huge fan of the pig, so I will no doubt try this. And, for what it's worth, I did think you were going to talk about something else, but this was just fine, too :-)

KFarmer said...

Sounds yum-O to me :)

Seems I always have a housefull every week-end and this would be excellent and easy to serve up :) Thanks!