Yes, we passed the 365 day mark on Sunday.
We had a Mass at 8AM and folks back to Mom's house afterwards. I made an egg & meat casserole and the easiest French toast casserole that everyone loved. I used Peppridge Farm cinnamon swirl bread)
Here's the recipe:
French Toast Casserole
Makes: 8 servings Total Time: 2 hr 5 min
* 1 loaf (16 ounces) Cinnamon swirl bread, any variety, cut into cubes (about 8 cups)
* 6 eggs
* 1 cup of dried cranberries or raisins
* 3 cups fat free half and half
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* Confectioners' sugar
1. In greased 3-quart shallow baking dish arrange bread cubes. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
2. Uncover. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with pancake syrup if desired.
This quick-to-assemble breakfast casserole can be refrigerated overnight for a special morning treat.
There were also Coffee & bagels and donuts and good conversation.
It was nice.
Just the fact of having to have this gathering....
I spent the day on the couch Friday, Saturday I shopped and cooked. Sunday I left Moms a bit after noon and went home to the couch again. Yesterday, I couldn't get out of bed. I took another day and was on the couch. I went through a couple boxes of tissues over the past couple days.
When they say "It gets easier" They're lying. It never gets easier, you just learn how to hide it better. You learn to live with and tolerate the pain. The heartbreak and missing him every single Goddamn day don't get any better.
It's been a year now, and I still don't know what we're going to do without him.
I miss you Daddy, and I love you so very much.