Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Still Here

I've been remiss in my posts.

To give you a quick update:

Monday the 24th I had a mental/emotional meltdown and I ended up taking vacation time last week. I needed time to regroup. I'm working on posts about it. So that's where I've been, and that's why I haven't responded to E-mails.

I want to thank everyone that has sent me pictures. You are a wonderful, creative bunch of folks and I truly appreciate your taking the time & the well wishes. I'm still wading through E-mails from work & Yahoo!, over a thousand total, it's going to take me a couple days to catch up.

KFarmer - I got the stone when I returned to work yesterday. It's unique & beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I could tell it was special. I told Dad about it last night and dropped it off this morning. You'll be hearing from me soon.

Spent the weekend in Maine with Mom & Dad & son. I pressure washed the deck and, it's a big deck. (No wonder I took a nap yesterday when I got home from work.) Dad's done with the radiation treatments and he starts chemo Friday.

He was more like himself this weekend. I could see the light in his eyes again when he smiled and his laughter filled the air occasionally. He even installed a couple light fixtures.

It was a good weekend for everyone. We all needed a good weekend.

7 comments:

Stu said...

Hey, installing light fixtures, that is a seriously cool metaphor. Glad he's doing better. Hang in there, and don't worry about posting. I check every day, and when there's no update, I think: Hey, she's got stuff goin' on. You take care of yourself. Your fans will wait you out.

James Cooper said...

Absolutely what Stu said -- every word of it :-)

And also, over a thousand e-mails to go through... wow!

Take care!

Sharfa said...

Thanks guys. Things will become more clear once I post the segments for last weekend.

JC - don't get too excited about the e-mails, I'm not THAT popular. Freecycle, stocks/bonds tips & enlarging my penis, made up for a hefty portion of my E-mail overload.

Suldog said...

Ditto to what Stu and Mr. Cooper said.

"enlarging my penis" LOL

Revan said...

glad to hear your dadio is doing pretty good!!!

take care and take it easy...

Stu said...

I like how you used "enlarging my penis" and "hefty portion" in the same sentence.

KFarmer said...

I so loved hearing your voice the other night and look forward to our next chat. You are one special lady :)

Can't remember if I told you or not but tell your dad there is a special spot to rub on the stone to release the goodies. When it starts to get warm, it's working :)

As always, love to you and yours sweet ((HUGS)) Call me if you need me- I'm only 10#'s away-