Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Still Here

I've been remiss in my posts.

To give you a quick update:

Monday the 24th I had a mental/emotional meltdown and I ended up taking vacation time last week. I needed time to regroup. I'm working on posts about it. So that's where I've been, and that's why I haven't responded to E-mails.

I want to thank everyone that has sent me pictures. You are a wonderful, creative bunch of folks and I truly appreciate your taking the time & the well wishes. I'm still wading through E-mails from work & Yahoo!, over a thousand total, it's going to take me a couple days to catch up.

KFarmer - I got the stone when I returned to work yesterday. It's unique & beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I could tell it was special. I told Dad about it last night and dropped it off this morning. You'll be hearing from me soon.

Spent the weekend in Maine with Mom & Dad & son. I pressure washed the deck and, it's a big deck. (No wonder I took a nap yesterday when I got home from work.) Dad's done with the radiation treatments and he starts chemo Friday.

He was more like himself this weekend. I could see the light in his eyes again when he smiled and his laughter filled the air occasionally. He even installed a couple light fixtures.

It was a good weekend for everyone. We all needed a good weekend.

5 comments:

Stu said...

Hey, installing light fixtures, that is a seriously cool metaphor. Glad he's doing better. Hang in there, and don't worry about posting. I check every day, and when there's no update, I think: Hey, she's got stuff goin' on. You take care of yourself. Your fans will wait you out.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely what Stu said -- every word of it :-)

And also, over a thousand e-mails to go through... wow!

Take care!

Sharfa said...

Thanks guys. Things will become more clear once I post the segments for last weekend.

JC - don't get too excited about the e-mails, I'm not THAT popular. Freecycle, stocks/bonds tips & enlarging my penis, made up for a hefty portion of my E-mail overload.

ME said...

glad to hear your dadio is doing pretty good!!!

take care and take it easy...

KFarmer said...

I so loved hearing your voice the other night and look forward to our next chat. You are one special lady :)

Can't remember if I told you or not but tell your dad there is a special spot to rub on the stone to release the goodies. When it starts to get warm, it's working :)

As always, love to you and yours sweet ((HUGS)) Call me if you need me- I'm only 10#'s away-