Friday, August 26, 2005

Fate is having a bit of fun here....

In a bizarrely similar series of events, my Great Aunt Theresa (Yes, my Grandfather's sister), passed away Wednesday (exactly two weeks after my Grandfather). She was in very poor health and hospice had been coming for a while. They are having the wake Sunday and funeral Monday. Exactly two weeks after my Grandfathers. Weird huh?

I was not close with her. This will not have the same affect on me. I will go to the wake and pay my respects. See all the same people that were just at my Granfathers wake. A comment was made that is so true: "The only time we see each other now is at weddings and funerals".


There is only one sister (of 7 children) left now. I saw her at the wake - she is a skeleton with skin. It's like she is going to completely forego embalming and go straight to petrifaction.

They say these things happen in threes........

7 comments:

Joseph K said...

Well, I hope they all had a fulfilling lives. When I am feeling more spiritual, I tend not to see death as a big deal, just a transition, with the rest of us left behind for now.

izchan said...

Its like a season or something ... mine had the same kind of phase ... all my "elders" up and decided to move on some years ago, all weeks apart.

kind of reminds me of 4400.

ME said...

that is sooo true on the fact of bad things happen in 3's

Just keep smiling and keep that head up!!!

KFarmer said...

In my family, I have found that it does indeed come in threes and cycles. I wont go to a funeral for a long time, then whammo, its like every month, breaking out the black dress. It's all so sad. I hope you are coping well.

Anonymous said...

Always sorry to hear of the passing of a loved one. On oct 15 almost 6 yrs ago my dad (or should i say DR. Dad) passed (after a losing bout w cancer) at about 5pm. His sister my aunt, who worked for him for 25 plus yrs running his practice passed almost 3 yrs ago on that same date oct 15th at about 5pm as well. Odd how a brother& sister who worked together for so many yrs (and i have no idea how they did as they were fire and ice together, lol) passed on the same day, same time and both from cancer altho different ones. So oct 15th for me is usually a pretty sad one.

KFarmer said...

Hey Girlie- how's it going? You okay?

Sharfa said...

kfarmer - I'm here and hanging in, I've been uber busy. So busy that the last thing I want to do at night is get back on the PC. I'll post tonight and fill you in.

anonymous - I think it was a joke between your Dad and Aunt that she passed on the same date & time. Maybe they didn't want more than one sad day in October for those left behind? Although it may have appeared that they were "fire and ice" to everyone else, it sounds like there was a strong bond there. I'll be thinking of you on 10/15.